Can I live in Japan as a foreigner?
Photo Credit: Courtesy of 3DStockPhoto (Scratch As Catch Can image)
Foreigners who wish to work in Japan need to get a work visa from a Japanese embassy or consulate outside of Japan in order to enter the country on a status of residence permitting work. ... Residence permission is granted in periods between 4 months and 5 years and is extendable.